Wondering what dish to bring for your next upcoming holiday party??
No one wants to be THAT friend that comes with a dish or dessert they bought while everyone else brought something homemade. That’s the worst, isn’t it? Like a big NO in party culture.
Now that I live on my own, I’ve developed a love for cooking and hosting! As I’ve been hosting my own friends gatherings and parties, I’ve learned just the right kinds of hosting tips and tricks and what kinds of foods to make.
So here’s my favorite EASY (dairy-free) holiday dish that can be used in place of a side like mashed potatoes or even a dessert!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Items You Will Need:
- Olive Oil Spray
- Deep Baking Dish (approx 2 inches high or higher)
- Potato Peeler
- Potato Masher
- 3 lbs of Sweet Potatoes (peeled)
- 1 Bag of Mini Marshmallows
- 1 tbsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Almond Milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Spray inside of baking dish
- Use a potato masher to mash sweet potatoes in a large bowl
- Add cup of almond milk
- Add Ground Nutmeg and Ground Cinnamon
- Mix ingredients until smooth consistency
- Add pinch of salt and mix well again
- Pour contents into baking dish (leave about half an inch to an inch of space from surface of dish)
- Spread a handful of mini marshmallows on top
- Add dash of cinnamon over the surface
- Place in oven and bake for 15 minutes or until marshmallows turn golden
- Let sit for 10 minutes before serving
For those who aren’t sweet potato lovers, no worries. This dish kind of reminds me of a less sweet version of pumpkin pie. And if you don’t like pumpkin pie…well…sorry, your loss. Pumpkin pie is great.
For those who love sweet potatoes, here’s your perf dish that you can bring to your next holiday party or serve at your own!
Simplistic and Realistic approaches to West Coast life and style