After three trips to Europe and an upcoming trip to Hawaii, I thought I’d share my traveling abroad beauty essentials that I CANNOT travel without.
I’m all about options, so narrowing down to NECESARY beauty products is a challenge for me, but after many attempts, I’ve managed to muster up a master list for packing light and packing what’s essential:
The travel bag is most important (duh). You need something that you can easily fold up for space and organization, and something that can be conveniently placed anywhere while still being able to hold all your beauty essentials. I bought this EcoBeuaty bag from Marshalls for only $15! It’s foldable, easy to hang anywhere in the bathroom and has 3 compartments!
Skincare & Body
- NIGHT: Herbivore Lapis Facial Oil (To keep my skin hydrated and breakout free, Obvi)
- DAY: Moisturizer with SPF (not pictured)
- Old Spice Travel Deoderant (Don’t Judge) in PURE SPORT to last literally ALL DAY
- Travel Foldable Toothbrush from Target
- Benefit Tinted Brow Mascara (in shade 6)
- Travel Size Smashbox Lash Primer
- Travel Size Urban Decay Perversion Mascara
- Maybelline Superstay Matte Ink Lip Color (in Seductress and Amazonian) (I find these colors combined create the best natural blush shade for me)
- Elf Under Eye Concealer Stick
- Laura Mercier Matte Powder
- NOTE: The hotels usually supply you with shampoo, conditioner, etc. So I don’t bring lotion or shower essentials because those are basically free.
- Wetbrush (especially when going somewhere tropical and hair gets knotted up and frizzy)
- Dove Dry Shampoo
- Herbivore Sea Spray (for keeping loose waves in place without the stickiness and chemicals from hairspray) (this also smells AMAZING)
Honestly, I’m all about being as minimal as possible when traveling. I’ve found it much more comfortable to be walking everywhere without a heavy face full of make-up, worring about touch-ups and letting your skin breathe. This is why I like to only bring a concealer stick for a quick cover up over those red spots and under the eye and I combine my foundation with my facial moisturizer with SPF for light coverage. Keep in mind, you’re exposing your skin to a new environment and it’s better to let your skin breathe as much as possible, and protect it with SPF.
ALSO, mascara primer is a necessity because you don’t want it running down your face when you’re running around all day so Smashbox is my favorite and Urban Decay’s Perversion Mascara I’ve found to be the best brush and formula for volumizing my upper AND lower lashes without the clump! I even found this duo to work when I’m at the beach or by the pool!
That’s honestly all you NEED for beauty basics abroad. If I know I’m going to a more formal event or nice dinner abroad, I bring Urban Decay’s Naked Basics 2 palette to create a subtle smoky eye for nighttime or to complete a fresh dewy look.
Other than that, let your skin breathe and allow yourself to be worry free during your trip! LESS IS MORE (especially abroad) and your luggage will thank you for the extra room to bring back those souvenirs!
Where are you going this Summer?
Simplistic and Realistic approaches to West Coast life and style