As we’re transitioning from Summer to the best season ever, Fall, I thought I’d share one of my favorite light and low carb recipes that’s perfect for a SoCal summer night! It’s super healthy, quick and easy! It’s perfect for hosting friends or meal prepping & the dipping sauce is just to die for!
Here’s the deets:
1 Salmon Filet
1 Cup Organic Baby Spinach
2 Mint Leaves
Half Cup Basil Leaves
Small Handful of Asparagus
Organic Pesto Sauce
Dipping sauce for aspargus: 1 tbsp Mayonaise, 1 tsp Soy Sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Season Salmon and Asparagus with Olive Oil, Oregano, Pesto and Basil Leaves on the filet
- Place on foil on baking tray in oven for 15-20 mins
- Prepare plate with spinach and drizzle with olive oil and oregano. Add a few small dollops of pesto
- White Salmon and Aspargus are cooking, mix the mayo and soy sauce together in a small bowl for the dipping sauce
- After done cooking, place salmon on top of the bed of spinach and place aspargus on top of salmon
- Lightly drizzle olive oil over dish and add a few small dollops of pesto.
- Place mint leaves and basil leaves on top of salmon and you’re ready to eat!
- The Dipping sauce is optional, but I love to dip the aspargus and even salmon in it sometimes! It’s a weird combination, but it compliments the dish so well!
Stupidly simple? Yes, but it’s perfect for serving my vegetarian and pescatarian friends! It’s also a filling guilt-free meal that’s perfectly light for summer afternoons and evenings! I like to also pair this dish with Trader Joe’s Goddess dressing if you’re not a fan of pesto.
What are your favorite summer dishes?
Simplistic and Realistic approaches to life style and bad habits.