My favorite salad is one that tastes nothing like a salad.
Who’s with me?
I could probably die happy if this was the only salad or appetizer I ate for the rest of my life.
As I’ve raved about before, I really honestly do take joy in the simplest of things. I mean, literally…my favorite color is WHITE.
With that being said, I love a simple refreshing salad made of the simplest ingredients.
Here’s my favorite Casual Caprese that’s perfect for wining and dining yourself or a handful of guests:
- Olive Oil
- Pink Himalayan Salt
- Mozarella Cheese (sliced)
- Tomato (sliced)
- Organic Basil Leaves
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Line up or arrange sliced mozarella on platter or plate to your liking
- Lightly drizzle half a teaspoon of olive oil over cheese slices
- Place tomato slices over each mozarella slice
- Place one basil leaf over each tomato slice
- Lightly drizzle a table spoon of olive oil over salad
- Sprinkle a pinch of himalayan salt
- Lightly drizzle balsamic vinegar or glaze over salad
VOILA. How simple? Stupid simple. You probably didn’t even need the steps above, just one look at this appetizer and you can recreate it (I hope).
ANYWAYS, it’s crazy how stupidly simple this recipe is and how delicious this dish is, too. Pair with a glass of merlot and you’re good to go!
Simplistic and Realistic approaches to West Coast life and style