The title is misleading, I still eat gluten occasionally (oops). However, these Rosé donuts I made for my Galentine’s Party this weekend are gluten-free! Here’s the recipe!
Ingredients // Makes 12 donuts
- 2 cups cake flour, sifted
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tspns baking powder
- 1/4 tspn ground nutmeg
- 1 tspn salt
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tblspn butter, melted
- 2 tblspns rosé
For the Donuts:
- Preheat oven to 425º
- Spray a donut pan with cooking spray. (I prefer coconut oil, but vegetable oil is OK, too)
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, nutmeg, and salt. Add buttermilk, eggs, rosé, and butter. Beat until just combined. Fill each pan cavity approximately 2/3 full.
- Bake 7-9 minutes, or until the tops of the donuts spring back when touched.
- Let cool in pan for 4-5 minutes before removing.
For the Frosting:
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tblspns milk
- 1/2 tspn vanilla extract (use a clear one, unless you want colored frosting)
- In a small bowl, stir together sugar, milk, and vanilla extract until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Use glaze immediately to preserve the consistency.
- Dip the donuts into a bowl with the frosting in a circular motion.
- Add desired decorations (sprinkles, edible glitter, etc.)
Simplistic and Realistic approaches to life style and bad habits.