WTF is a life cleanse?
-Basically a little reflection, reevaluation and a little reality check.
With daylight savings happening this past weekend, I decided to do a little spring cleaning for my closet, which I’ll share in a later post. Along with this, I’ve decided to add a little “life” cleanse into the mix.
First things first,
- A glass of water and a long nights rest can go a looong way. Hydrate and sleep when you can. It makes it so much easier for your body to bounce back after long nights of partying and you’ll feel less guilty when you indulge.
- Say kind things about the people you like and things you like. Often times it feels worse to complain about things that consistently bug you. This is a big one for me. If you can’t change something, change your attitude.
- Allow yourself to feel and grow. Don’t be hard on yourself for crying or getting emotional over things. This is how you cope. As long as you don’t dwell, it’s okay to experience the rainy days in order to appreciate the sunny ones.
- Allow what’s meant to be. If things don’t work out, don’t force them to. Accept a reality that’s ever changing in order to start anew.
- Count your blessings. Appreciate what you’re thankful for: friendships, lovers, your job. Don’t forget to express your feelings instead of bottling them in.
- Say what you mean and mean what you say. Avoid beating around the bush. Saving face may be the safe route, but it doesn’t help you get what you truly want.
- Make yourself feel loved. Do nice things for yourself that you’d want someone to do for you. The relationship you have with yourself sets the tone for every relationship you have.
Someone recently said to me, “oh my GOD, we lost an hour of sleep, this sucks.”
I said back, “at least the sun is going to stay out longer and days are finally going to get warmer.”
It’s all about perspective. Let’s cleanse the palette, people.
Simplistic and Realistic approaches to West Coast life and style