I’ve said this before,
and I’ll say it again.
I am an absolute SUCKER for Italian cuisine.
I honestly only ever have three staples in my fridge that I can work around for creating easy simple and delicious meals: tomatoes, basil and cheese.
I swear, these are the holy trinity when it comes to cooking for me.
Recently, I’ve been DYING to share this burrata dish I made that’s to die for so here’s the recipe (serves 2-4)
- Cherry Tomatoes, sliced in half (handful)
- Olive Oil (3 tbslps)
- Pesto (1 tblsp)
- Fresh Basil Leaves, finely chopped (two handfuls)
- Himalayan Pink Salt (2 pinches)
- Balsamic Glaze (the one from Trader Joe’s is to die for)
- Burrata (I get the pack from Trader Joe’s which comes with 2)
- Heat olive oil in a large or medium pan on medium heat
- Add tomatoes and basil and roast until they’re slightly collapsed
- Add in pesto and salt and stir
- Pour mixture over the burrata on a plate or serving dish
- Garnish with leftover fresh basil
- Drizzle any amount of balsamic glaze over the dish, like so:
This is literally my favorite appetizer of all time, some times I’ll even have it as a snack. It’s literally so easy to make and the cook time is about 10 minutes. Serve this for guests or for a family meal and you’ll have some satisfied people!
SIPS + EATS appetizer basil breakfast burrata cook cooking cuisine dinner dishes food foodie fresh fresh food health healthy italian lunch meals monday organiz pesto recipes social tomatoes vegetarian vegetarian dish vegetarian recipes wellness
Simplistic and Realistic approaches to West Coast life and style