I f*cking love the holidays. There’s so many events and activities to do with your family and friends, especially DATES.
PLUS, the weather is just RAD this time of year. The weather is colder, recipes are warmer. Call me a sap, but this is my favorite time of year to spend with your loved ones so here’s a few date ideas to enjoy with your significant other or even a friend or two!
- Christmas in the Park in San Jose is the sh*t. There’s hot cocoa, food, games and pretty holiday displays to walk through. This was my favorite thing to do in the holidays with my family.
- The Lighting of the Tree in Union Square, San Francisco. There’s ice skating, hot cocoa, not to mention soup bread bowls from Boudin’s to keep you warm. I love San Francisco during the holiday season. Downtown goes all out.
- Camping/Cabin in Lake Tahoe. Tahoe is probably my favorite lake. The road trip there is an amazing sight to see and downtown is fun for some evening entertainment. Sledding and skiing is always fun in the winter and this large town is perfect for a romantic getaway or a fun weekend with friends in some nature!
- Walk the Naples Canal in Long Beach. All of the houses on the water go all out with decorations. I’m talking lights, blown up displays and music! It’s always fun to do at night with for an evening stroll and the bars are just down the street if you want to get a little buzz going.
- Holiday Pub Crawls. There’s numerous pub crawls during the holiday season in Long Beach, Huntington, Hermosa and Santa Monica. I typically enjoy the pub crawls in Huntington, and there’s a Wizards Assemble Pub Crawl this year if you’re an HP fan.
- Camping in Joshua Tree. For me, Joshua Tree is WAY more fun when it’s cold. It’s easier to explore this playground of a park during the day when it’s not burning hot out and a campfire is just THAT much cozier during this time of year.
- Ice Skating at Pershing Square in LA. When I go to LA, I make it an all day thing since commuting isn’t fun and there’s TONS to explore in downtown. I love going to art museums and checking out small boutiques. Going ice skating in downtown is a HUGE plus since everything is nearby!
Simplistic and Realistic approaches to life style and bad habits.