Necessary Nightly Beauty Regimen
I added “Necessary” to the title of this post because ultimately, consistent practice of this beauty regimen is NECESSARY for healthy and happy morning skin. Whether you have dry skin, combination or oily, this nighttime process should be done to achieve long lasting results in skin elasticity and health.
I literally have the most sensitive skin. I think I said this in one of my last posts. It’s sometimes oily, sometimes combination and most of the time it’s dry. I used to have REALLY bad breakouts and I also have eczema that decides to haunt me every few years or so. It comes back when I get super stressed. Needless to say, my skin is all over the place so I UNDERSTAND where you are coming from and my point is: this skin regimen helps all types.
If it you try it and you don’t see improvement, well then there’s 2 explanations:
1) You aren’t being conistent in taking care of it ( i.e. Sleeping with makeup on or forgetting to wash it)
2) The products are the problem, not the regimen. These products I suggest may not be for you so I suggest finding product alternatives BUT still practice the same regimen.
Anywho, here’s the breakdown on my NECESSARY Nightly Beauty Regimen:
1) CLEAN THE SURFACE AND CLEAN DEEP
No, I do not mean wipe your makeup off with a cleansing wipe and call it a day or use that micellar water. NO, NO, NO. I mean WASH THE F*CK OUT OF IT. I’m serious. You don’t need to exfoliate it every night. Using a scrub EVERY DAY can sometimes be too harsh on the skin. I exfoliate two to three times a week.
What I do is use a gentle cleanser with warm water to wash my face and remove any impurities. I love charcoal cleansers, such as Herbivore’s Bamboo Charcoal Cleansing Bar Soap or Biore Deep Charcoal Cleanser.
2) MOISTURIZE with Facial Oils
I know what you are thinking: OILS???
There’s numerous reasons why facial oils are much better for your skin than regular “deeply moisturizing” lotions, but Herbivore puts it best: “In contrast to traditional cream moisturizers and lotions which tend to be high in water and emulsifying agents but low in effective ingredients, our facial oils contain no fillers and are formulated with only effective natural ingredients. They absorb easily to get moisture, vitamins, fatty acids, and antioxidants into your skin. Additionally, they form a natural lipid barrier to lock moisture in and protect against dryness and heat in the environment”. In short, oils are just better. Don’t knock it till’ you try it because they’re seriously a game changer.
I use a few drops of one of the HOLY TRINITY every night.
Among these two simple steps to cleaning and moisturizing your face at night, I suggest TWO very important things:
- Use a separate towel for your face (You do not want to dry your face with the same towel that you dry your hands and well…your butt for Christ’s sake, it’s common sense, people)
- PAT don’t WIPE your face. (I cringe when I see women wipe their faces because do you know how sensitive your skin is and how much wiping your face with the rough texture of a towel can promote wrinkles and fine lines? YOU DIDN’T KNOW? Well now you do, so don’t do it)
SO JUST TWO SIMPLE STEPS AND JUST TWO SIMPLE SIDE NOTES?? THAT’S IT??
Yes, that’s it. I don’t like to overcomplicate my life. Keep it simple. Keep it short. Your skin needs the proper cleansing routine and the proper amount of moisture. It will appreciate the CONSISTENT love you give it and I promise it will love you back.
Here’s to Happy Skin!
(the following products can be found at your local Sephora)
SKIN FIRST clean clean beauty cleanse herbivore LIFESTYLE SKIN FIRST skincare skincare routine
Everything Brunch View All →
Simplistic and Realistic approaches to West Coast life and style
Leave a Reply