. . .
To kick off the first week of fall AKA the BEST time of the year
— the weather is colder, recipes are warmer, homes are cozier, I mean c’mon–
I recreated this Fall Pumpkin Rigatoni Recipe that’s to DIE for!
I’m honestly drooling just writing this recipe, but here’s the scoop on the best pumpkin pasta dish to feed your friends, family, or just one hungry self!
Cook Time: 30 Mins
1/4 tsp Lemon pepper
1/4 tsp Red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp Salt
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1/4 Yellow Onion (diced)
- 1 15-ounce can Pumpkin puree
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 tsp Sage, dried
- 3 cups Spinach
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 1 16-ounce package Rigatoni
- Cook Rigatoni in boiling water until soft (save 1 cup of the pasta water when draining)
- Brown Italian sausage over medium-high heat, breaking into small pieces as it cooks. Remove from heat and save on the side.
- Add olive oil to pan and sauté diced onion, garlic and red pepper. Stir until they soften and turn golden.
- Add spinach and stir until soft.
- Add pumpkin puree, sage and salt. Slowly stir in pasta water until sauce has reached a thinner consistency. Throw the cooked sausage into the pan and the pasta.
- Throw the Parmesan in and stir until cheese melts.
- Garnish with more sage and salt if you like, and more Parm because no one’s judging!
VOILA! Simple? Yes. Easy? Yes. Delicious? Duh.
Here’s one of the recipes that make Fall the best time of the year! Enjoy!
Simplistic and Realistic approaches to West Coast life and style